The Medical Fitness Association is excited to announce the implementation of its new "Fellow" designation honoring members who have demonstrated exceptional service to the Medical Fitness Association, Industry and to their local community. In December 2012, the Medical Fitness Association By-laws were revised and approved by the Board of Directors to reflect the Fellow designation.
Fellowship provides a means to recognize excellence, innovation and significant contributions to the medical fitness industry, and leadership in the Medical Fitness Association.
The Medical Fitness Association Fellowship is not just another membership category. It is reserved for current members who are physicians, scientists and healthcare/wellness/fitness professionals with a demonstrated interest in medical fitness whose documented accomplishments support the stated objectives of the Medical Fitness Association.
- Organizational voting privileges.
- Eligibility for Medical Fitness Association Board of Directors nominations.
- Opportunity to attend special Fellow social and educational events.
- Approval to use the initials FMFA (Fellow Medical Fitness Association)
- Certificate indicating designation of Fellowship
Important Notes Regarding the Application and Submittal, Please read in full:
- There is a $50 application fee that is due upon receipt of your application. Applications will not be considered without this fee.
- All applications, supplemental documents and Fellow Recommendation Forms must be typed. Applications, supplemental documents and Recommendation Forms that are not typed will not be considered.
- Please download the Application and fill it out as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the applicants responsibility to gather and submit all supporting documents (Manuscript publication, article publication, reviewer for peer reviewed journal, etc.).
- No staples. Please use paperclips if necessary.
General Instructions for Submittal:
- Please take a moment and download the Application, Self-Study Checklist and the Fellow Recommendation Form. It is the applicant's responsibility to contact a Fellow for a recommendation.
- Compile all supplemental documents and fill out the Application electronically wherever there is "Click here to enter text".
- Once all documentation is complete, please send to the Medical Fitness Association office:
Fax: (804) 897-5704, Attention Fellow Review Committee
Mail: Medical Fitness Association
Attention Fellow Review Committee
1905 Huguenot Rd., Ste. 203
Richmond, VA 23235
- The $50 Application fee must be submitted in conjunction with your application:
Download the Fellowship Application Payment Form.
The Fellowship Application Payment Form does not need to be typed.
This form may be submitted in the same format as your application.
Pay the fee online.
Do not submit payment until the application has been faxed/emailed. This fee is nonrefundable.
To pay by phone, call the Medical Fitness Association office at (804) 897-5701.
- You do not need to submit the Self-Study Checklist. This is for your own records.
List of Current Fellows:
It is the applicant's responsibility to contact a Fellow for a recommendation.
The Fellowship was awarded posthumously to Hank Boerner, founding member of the Association and director of the North Mississippi Medical Center Wellness Center for twenty years. Hank was a pioneer who understood how critical the role of medical fitness plays in the lives of a community, and continuously involved himself and his center in initiatives that matter to the lives of individuals.