Margaret Moore, Founder and CEO of
Wellcoaches School of Coaching.
a Coach: An Experiential Workshop on Health & Wellness Coaching.
You will be highly engaged in the practice of core coaching
skills during this workshop and gain a basic understanding of current,
evidence-based coaching theories by beginning to create
your own personal wellness vision. Learn what "being” a coach means,
how coaching works to facilitate lasting change, and walk
away with tools that you can use immediately with your clients. This
workshop is designed as an introduction for those new to coaching and can be a practical refresher for trained coaches.
September 7, 2013
9 am to 5 pm (lunch on your own)
Registration deadline August 30
Early Bird Fee (register by August 9): $195
Registration Fee (after August 9): $225
Workshop fees must be paid in full prior tothe workshop date.
CECs: BOC (NATA) – 7 CEUs, CDR – 7 CECs
ACSM – 7 CEUs, NASW – 7 CEUs
Wellcoaches - 7 CCEHs
1. Define Coaching Psychology and its theoretical foundations.
2. Describe the difference between the coach approach and the expert approach.
3. Examine the benefits of wellness coaching and the different models of coaching in healthcare.
4. Observe and practice the coaching process - Creating a Wellness Vision.
5. Explore Evidence-Based Mechanisms of Action in Coaching
- Growth-Promoting Relationships
- Capacity to change
- Facilitating the Change Process
6. Practice Core Coaching Skills – empathy, mindful listening, reflections & open-ended inquiry, and skills to reduce ambivalence and resistance to change.
7. Discuss and understand the concept of coaching presence; the way one is "being” as a coach.
8. Explain how positive emotions and character strengths are deployed in the coaching process to build confidence and resilience.
9. Describe the components of a wellness plan.