1. Define Coaching Psychology and its theoretical
2. Describe the difference between the coach approach and
the expert approach.
3. Examine the benefits of wellness coaching and the
different models of coaching in healthcare.
4. Observe and practice the coaching process - Creating a
5. Explore Evidence-Based Mechanisms of Action in
Capacity to change
Facilitating the Change Process
6. Practice Core Coaching Skills – empathy, mindful
listening, reflections & open-ended inquiry, and skills to
reduce ambivalence and resistance to change.
7. Discuss and understand the concept of coaching
presence; the way one is “being” as a coach.
8. Explain how positive emotions and character strengths
are deployed in the coaching process to build confidence
9. Describe the components of a wellness plan.