Become a Certified Health & Wellness Coach
or Certified Personal Coach.
Why Choose Wellcoaches?
Our Core Coach Training program, and its companion Certification, is widely respected as the gold standard. Our industry-first programs gave birth to a new professional - the "Certified Health and Wellness Coach," the expert in helping people rise above the barriers to good health and thrive by making lasting changes in mindset and behavior.
The Core Coach Training program contributed the foundation of the Coaching Psychology course taught by Wellcoaches founder, Coach Meg, at Harvard University Extension School. Our core training and certification programs, endorsed by our strategic partner, the American College of Sports Medicine, are designed for professionals with expertise including weight, nutrition, fitness, stress or mind/body medicine, lifestyle medicine, chronic disease, and mental health, who want to transform themselves and their ability to facilitate lasting change.
Since our School launched in 2002, nearly 10,000 health professionals in nearly 50 countries have completed our Core Coach Training program; 2,000 have completed our Coach Certification program. Our coaches apply their coaching skills to dramatically improve client or patient outcomes, across diverse clinical, corporate, health club, military, government, and consumer worlds. The Wellcoaches coaching protocol, as published in our textbook, the Coaching Psychology Manual, is evidence-based, now reported in multiple peer-reviewed papers.
What You will Be Able to Do
- Describe and apply the key ingredients and dynamics to facilitate lasting change
- Elicit mindful self-awareness and insights, catalysts for change in mindset and behavior
- Apply self-determination theory and motivational interviewing techniques to support clients in uncovering the autonomous motivation needed for change
- Leverage the science of positive psychology to help clients apply their strengths and gain the capacity to adapt to setbacks
- Help clients develop self-efficacy and resilience, outgrowing resistance to change
- Learn how and when to provide expert advice or referrals to enable just-in-time learning of knowledge and skills
- Apply principles of goal setting theory in helping clients design engaging visions and goals that spur them to go beyond what they can do alone
Core Coach Training Curriculum
To meet the needs and learning preferences for all of our students, we provide two options for training: an 18-week teleclass or a 4-day residential session. Both courses provide the same educational content and coaching practice opportunities.
Lesson topics include:
Defining the Role of the Coach
Thriving: Being Skills and Coaching Presence
Celebrating our Best
Eliciting Motivation to Overcome Ambivalence
Readiness to Change
Building Dreams and Visions
The Coaching Relationship
On-Going Coaching Relationship
Mechanisms of Action