Do you have a great topic for an educational presentation but do not know where to start? This session is designed to provide strategies for constructing an effective submission for any educational presentation. Everything from the title to the learning objectives are essential in submitting for and developing a presentation that is well-structured, designed to keep the audience engaged, and ensure that your presentation achieves the learning outcomes. Bring your ideas and together we will work on the rest!
- Compose a presentation title that catches someone’s attention
- Recognize the right questions to consider in writing learning objectives and the importance of scaffolding objectives.
- Transform current learning objectives into those that better define what you want the attendee to gain from your own presentation and how to accomplish just that.
- Develop a descriptive and appropriate lecture summary.
- Construct an effective submission for any educational presentation, focusing on the MFA submission guidelines and suggestions from the Education Committee.
Melissa Ziegler, Ph.D., FMFA, RKT, ACE-CHC – Assistant Teaching Professor, Kinesiotherapy – University of Southern Mississippi