Say hi to Ann Kehn, the Aquatics Supervisor and Safety Team Member at Health & Fitness Center at Washtenaw Community College. Check out how Ann is helping her community to live life better through working in the water!
Say hi to Jodee McCarty, the Group Fitness and Aquatic Manager at The Center for Health Improvement at Hays Medical. Check out how Jodee is helping her community to grown in health and wellness!
Say hi to Ryan Glatt, Brain Health Coach & Fitness Instructor at the Pacific Brain Health Center in Santa Monica, CA. Check out how Ryan is using “exergaming” to enhance cognition! Don’t miss his April 7th MFA webinar, Your Brain on Exercise!
The process of aging reflects the body’s slow and gradual loss of the ability to generate energy. Cellular changes begin years before outward manifestations appear. Through preventive measures such as physical activity older adults can be empowered to proactively manage their aging trajectory leading to an improved quality of life, decreased health care utilization, and a readiness for end of life. Health care and fitness professionals have an opportunity to work together and intervene now to help impact the second half of life for all individuals.
- Identify the changes and challenges of aging and the impact of physical activity
- Describe the concept of frailty and impact on patient outcomes
- Describe innovative approaches for physical activity management of older adults
- Define Social Determinants of Health, exercise, and opportunities for community integration
Corley Roberts, MHA, ACSM-EP, CHC, EIM2, CPHQ, Founder & CEO of MyFitScript, LLC
Cathy A. Maxwell, PhD, RN, FAAN, Assistant Professor at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
This webinar is designed to provide an overview of how the new Work From Home (WFH) model has presented new challenges to employees in being healthy. Learn how to be the “go to” centers in your community where WFH employees may attain socialization, programming to reduce musculosketal challenges, recovering health challenges if a COVID patient etc…and more.
- Learn how corporate wellness has changed in this past year and the ever evolving needs of employees working in a hybrid model.
- Learn how to be able to partner with local businesses to provide health and wellness programs to a much needed audience.
- Learn how to make your centers an enticing option for Work From Home (WFH) employees and the various health challenges faced by WFH employees that you can address in your centers with fun creative programming.
Debbie Bellenger – Health and Wellness Consultant at Pinnacle Health Management
This webinar features how to expand your club’s presence in the market to get new members engaged in their personal health and wellness journey by offering quality programming. These programs may create safe spaces for new members to become part of a community that includes exercise options but the carrot is not the exercise that invites them into your center.
- Learn the value of wellness programming as a recruitment tool for market outreach for new members
- Learn how to develop and deliver wellness programs to the local community to create a culture of health and wellness in your center to increase stickiness/retention.
- Learn the steps to creating your first wellness program for your community.
Debbie Bellenger, Wellness Consultant at Pinnacle Health Management