Fitness Facility Director
Medical Fitness Facility Director
Through the creation of these exams, MFA will help produce the next generation of fitness leaders raising the bar for an entire industry. (NCCA accreditation pending)
For over 25 years, the Medical Fitness Association has provided fitness leaders with educational resources, networking opportunities and facility certifications. For its twenty-fifth year anniversary it is adding two new professional credentials (pending NCAA accreditation).
These certifications are designed to test leaders of medical and non-medically integrated fitness facilities on their knowledge of fundamental operations of fitness facilities and their understanding of the roles fitness facilities will play in the future of healthcare.
The two credentials build on each other. Successful completion of the Fitness Facility Director Certification (CFFD) is required prior to sitting for the Medical Fitness Facility Director Certification (CMFFD) exam.
1. The Fitness Facility Director Exam ensures that fitness facility directors and aspiring fitness facility directors possess the core knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently manage their centers. The 100 question Fitness Facility Director Certification also exposes the fitness industry to the basic concepts of Exercise is Medicine and MFA’s Facility Standards and Guidelines.
Eligibility Criteria: The individual must have a minimum of three years of experience in a management/leadership position with a bachelor degree or higher in a fitness, or business, related field, or five years of experience in a management/leadership position with a minimum of an associate degree. In addition, the individual must currently be (or recently within one year) in a supervisory or management position in a fitness facility
2. The Medical Fitness Facility Director Certification credential builds on the base knowledge tested in the CFFD exam. This 50 question test covers knowledge in nine specific content areas relevant to the operation of medically integrated fitness facilities including risk and emergency management, finance and budgeting, staffing, quality and outcomes, assuring a safe environment of care, physician referral, marketing, strategic planning and general operations. Possessing the CMFFD demonstrates to employers that the certified director is prepared to ensure and sustain a safe environment of care for disease management programming that integrates seamlessly with both the fitness centers core offerings and the local continuum of care.
Eligibility Criteria: The individual must have a minimum of three years of experience in a management/leadership position with a bachelor degree or higher in a fitness, or business, related field, or five years of experience in a management/leadership position with a minimum of an associate degree. The candidate must have passed the Fitness Facility Director Credential Exam and currently (or within one year) be serving in a supervisory or management role in a medically integrated fitness facility.
The MFA helps to prepare facilities, and now facility managers, that are connected to local healthcare continuum’s to fully meet the needs of the doctors, patients, members, communities and health systems they serve.
A resource list is available for reference.
A copy of the Test Blueprint may be found here.
Completing the Fitness Facility Director Credential (FFDC) Exam will be a prerequisite for taking the Medical Fitness Facility Director (MFFDC) Exam.
Be prepared to advance your career by becoming a Certified Fitness Facility Director, or a Certified Medical Fitness Facility Director, this year!
- Members $299 for FFDC Exam
– You must pass the FFDC exam before you are eligible to take the MFFDC exam
- Members $299 for MFFDC exam
– You may only take the MFFDC exam after you have passed the FFDC Exam
- Non-Members $499 for FFDC (includes a complimentary one year Individual MFA Membership) – You must pass the FFDC exam before you are eligible to take the MFFDC exam
- Non-Members $499 for MFFDC (includes a complimentary one year Individual MFA Membership) – You may only take the MFFDC exam after you have passed the FFDC exam
August 10th – Kalispell, Montana
1-3:30pm MST – The Summit
November 7th – New Orleans, Louisiana
8:30-11am CST – Ernest M. Morial Convention Center