Fitness Facility Director
Medical Fitness Facility Director
Through the creation of these exams, MFA will help produce the next generation of fitness leaders raising the bar for an entire industry. (NCCA accreditation pending)
For over 25 years, the Medical Fitness Association has provided fitness leaders with educational resources, networking opportunities and facility certifications. Now, MFA is pleased to offer two professional credentials (pending NCAA accreditation) to help you take your career to the next level.
These certifications are designed to test your knowledge of fundamental operations of fitness facilities and your understanding of the roles fitness facilities will play in the future of healthcare.
The two credentials build on each other. Successful completion of the Fitness Facility Director Certification (CFFD) is required prior to sitting for the Medical Fitness Facility Director Certification (CMFFD) exam.
1. The Fitness Facility Director Exam ensures that fitness facility directors and aspiring fitness facility directors possess the core knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently manage their centers. The 100-question Fitness Facility Director Certification also exposes the fitness industry to the basic concepts of Exercise is Medicine and MFA’s Facility Standards and Guidelines.
Eligibility Criteria: You must have a minimum of three years of experience in a management/leadership position with a bachelor degree or higher in a fitness, or business, related field, or five years of experience in a management/leadership position with a minimum of an associate degree. In addition, you must currently be (or recently within one year) in a supervisory or management position in a fitness facility
2. The Medical Fitness Facility Director Certification credential builds on the base knowledge tested in the CFFD exam. This 50-question test covers knowledge in nine specific content areas relevant to the operation of medically integrated fitness facilities including:
- risk and emergency management;
- finance and budgeting;
- quality and outcomes;
- assuring a safe environment of care;
- physician referral;
- strategic planning; and
- general operations.
Possessing the CMFFD demonstrates to employers that you, the certified director, are prepared to ensure and sustain a safe environment of care for disease management programming that integrates seamlessly with both the fitness center’s core offerings and the local continuum of care.
Eligibility Criteria: You must have passed the Fitness Facility Director Credential Exam and currently (or within one year) be serving in a supervisory or management role in a medically integrated fitness facility.
The MFA helps to prepare facilities, and now facility managers, that are connected to local healthcare to fully meet the needs of the doctors, patients, members, communities and the health systems they serve.
A resource list is available for reference.
A copy of the Test Blueprint may be found here.
A few Sample Test Questions with an explanation of each answer choice may be found here.
Completing the Fitness Facility Director Credential (FFDC) Exam will be a prerequisite for taking the Medical Fitness Facility Director (MFFDC) Exam.
Be prepared to advance your career by becoming a Certified Fitness Facility Director, or a Certified Medical Fitness Facility Director, this year!
- Members: $299 for FFDC Exam
– You must pass the FFDC exam before you are eligible to take the MFFDC exam
- Members: $299 for MFFDC exam
– You may only take the MFFDC exam after you have passed the FFDC Exam
- Non-Members: $499 for FFDC (includes a complimentary one year Individual MFA Membership) – You must pass the FFDC exam before you are eligible to take the MFFDC exam
- Non-Members: $499 for MFFDC (includes a complimentary one year Individual MFA Membership) – You may only take the MFFDC exam after you have passed the FFDC exam
April 11, 2019 – MFA Central Regional Conference – Lake Health, Mentor, OH
May 15, 2019 – MFA Southeast Regional Conference – VA Commonwealth University Hospitals – Richmond, VA
November, 13, 2019 – MFA Annual International Conference – Orange County Convention Center – Orlando, FL